Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kidney support for dogs

Options
  • 05-05-2022 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

My little Maltese (11) has recently had his food changed to royal canin renal kibble. He was very thirsty lately and clearing his water bowl like three times a day so we had blood tests done and while his kidneys aren’t in failure just yet, one kidney is showing elevated levels (of something or other, can’t remember 🥴) and so we changed his food and I’m now looking for any supplements that you guys may have used to delay the progression of any issues. I was interested in getting Denes Kidney Support having read the reviews but they don’t seem to ship here.

Recommendations welcome please and spank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I used to get kidney support gold but before Brexit so you’d probably have to get it from an EU seller/site now? I also use to get big tins of Ipkayine for less than the price of the small tubs the vet sells but again - they don’t ship to Ireland anymore since Brexit.

Lucy had kidney disease / failure and was only 6 when she died 😪 she didn’t have excessive thirst / weeing. She did well on home cooked and Zooplus wet renal tins - Rinti being her favourite. (I’m always baffled why dogs are moved to a renal kibble when kibble by its very nature being dry is extra work for their kidneys?!)

After she died I regretted taking all her favourite dried treats away like I had been advised and if I had a dog diagnosed (hopefully i never will as it’s heartbreaking) with it again I would do things differently and give them whatever they want for as long as they have!

Lucy really benefitted from acupuncture as she had lower back pain.

Advertisement