Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 SR - Long time to stop flow

Options
  • 05-05-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title suggests, we currently have a Triton T90SR. It's working fine, but we've noticed that it's taking longer and longer for the water to stop flowing when the unit has been switched off.

I'm presuming this is a symptom of a failing solenoid? Is it easy to replace? I see on Triton's website that I can get a new solenoid and flow valve assembly for €45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The Triton T90SR has a 2 years parts & labour warranty.

The solenoid is available below. It's slightly cheaper as it comes without the flow valve that you don't need. It's also more difficult to change the flow valve as the whole shower needs to be stripped down. Solenoid on its own is only 4 screws

https://www.dublinshowerrepair.com/product/triton-t90sr-solenoid/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Cheers Sleeper. Only getting around to this now.

Quick (possibly stupid) question - does the water need to be switched off to change the solenoid (if the flow valve isn't being changed)? What I'm wondering is whether flow goes through the solenoid, or whether the solenoid just actuates on the flow valve?

I'm aware that water would flow out of the shower head with the solenoid removed, but I don't mind that if the water isn't squirting out from the body of the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Turn off the power supply before removing the cover. Remove the filter. This stops water flowing through the shower. Now if you remove the solenoid only a dribble will drain out

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Any joy with the repair?

Same issue here, guessing its the flow valve is faulty rather than the solenoid as no water would flow at all if the solenoid was broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Looks more like the valve than the solenoid as in both? cases the shower operates normally when solenoid is energised but water is slow to stop when de energised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Sorry lads - I was away last week.

You're both correct - turned out that I needed both the valve and solenoid (perhaps maybe just the valve, but I already had a new solenoid, so figured I may as well use it). The valve was a more involved job, so I called in the pros to do it in the end.

Advertisement