Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders Finish - Flooring Costs

Options
  • 05-05-2022 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

We are buying a new build without the flooring included, I am trying to come up with a budget for flooring, more interested in it not being too low than being too high.

We are middle of the road when it comes to tastes regards tiling and flooring but I have gone a bit higher from what I can judge. So would the below be way off?

135spm house - roughly 25spm bathrooms and kitchen with tiling, the remainder wooden floors

Tiling - round up to 45sqm to include bathroom walls and part of kitchen splash back etc.,

Tiling Costs - €40/spm for tiles and other materials, €35/sqm for labour = €3,375

Wooden floors - 110sqm for rest of house

Wooden floor costs - €90/sqm all materials, €40/sqm for labour = €14,300

Total - €17,675

All up would €20k be very safe to budget for?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Where in the country are you would help, posters gauge local prices. Cities and surroundings, will be more expensive than other parts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

Anyone able to give an indication if I am in the right ballpark here? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

I think that seems high for the wooden floors, like what type? Solid, Semi-solid or laminate?

I have booked to have 100 sqm of laminate floor (balterio) laid in a new build in cork. Floor material itself is 2800e, underlay is 450, fitting is still in the negotiation phase but probably between 1500e and 2000e

Good to hear we are probably high on the flooring. Upstairs will probably be laminate but haven't made up our mind on downstairs but based on what you have been quoted we look to be well within budget especially if we were to go all laminate.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

You're high on the floor labour, around 25 a square meter max for Cork I would imagine, a budget of 20 k is plenty, you'll have plenty left out of it, the tiling seems OK, maybe a tad high but tilers are charging what they want as they're as rare as hens teeth

Advertisement