Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replaced Triton Electric Shower

Options
  • 04-05-2022 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I replaced my old Triton shower with a new Triton T90 SR, it was a like for like so no re-drilling or cutting etc.

But my issue is that there is some water coming from the hose even when switched off. It happened once I reconnected the water but I thought it was normal until after commissioning it but it has failed to stop. After commissioning I used the shower as normal and all was good regarding heating and pressure but after turning it off the water continued to come out.

Any advice on what to look for?

Regards

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This happens with a lot of solenoids on first use. Remove the head & drop the hose into the bath or tray. Turn bottom dial fully to cold. Run the shower for 30 seconds and turn off water should stop flowing in the next 30 seconds or so. Repeat a few times if first time doesn't resolve the issue. I've only ever had one where the above doesn't work.

If you don't resolve the issue call Triton 01 628 6845 and they will send out an engineer to replace the solenoid

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Thanks,

I tried that - hasn't helped so I'll ring Triton in Maynooth instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Just to update this for anyone else's benefit.

Triton came out today and put a new solenoid in it. There was a manufacturing issue with it, you could see the rubber seal wasn't sitting correctly.

All sorted within 10 minutes.

Advertisement