Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cruise Control limited on Japanese Import.

Options
  • 04-05-2022 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have bought a 2013 Toyota Prius Plus (7 seater) and love it. I have swapoed out the Japanese radio for an android, English one and am loving it. The only issue I am left with is the limit using cruise control. Apparently it is a limit put on all Japanese cars. I am limited to 117km/h on the dash (110km/h in reality). It is not the biggest issue in the world but would like to use it on the motorways at the speed limit if possible (unless it costs too much to fix).

I believe it is to do with the ECU and am wondering if anyone can recommend somebody/a company to tune the ECU, removing this limit. I have contacted a number of businesses that tune car ECUs but they don't tackle this issue (they are more focused on a car's performance). I am struggling to find answers but am convinced that I can't be alone facing this as a lot of cars being sold in Ireland now come from Japan.

Any help or guidance here would be great

PS. Stick to lay terms please... I am not knowledgeable in this area at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

You might try the lads at https://radioking.ie/ - their main business is fitting radios. cameras and reprogramming Japanese dashboards into English. I'm not sure if they do what you are looking for but it wouldn't surprise me if they do - I think I remember them mentioning cruise control to me. I'm sure they would know someone if they don't do it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Did the dealer you got it from not have it done? My 2013 Mercedes is a Japanese import & I’ve a limiter but only if I want to use it otherwise it’s off. I know the dealer sorted that as well the language & sat nav on the command unit.

Advertisement