Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network for EU roaming (sim only) PAYG or contract

Options
  • 04-05-2022 10:35am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Which network is best for roaming within the EU (not UK) for data and calls?

Would it be better to get a local SIM for roaming?

It is for a month or so in Greece and Cyprus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Vodafone prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Are Vodafone still the best prepay sim only option for EU Roaming?

They seem to offer 30GB of data roaming for 20 euro. Are there any unlimited roaming options?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used to think that but this year in Spain, I was seriously throttled to 1Mb and I couldn't pick a different operator whereas other family on eir skipped amongst other operators and had great speed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I use three PAYG and never have a problem while abroad in other EU states

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

In the past year, GoMo has worked fine for me in the UK, Germany & Norway. Only thing I've noticed is that it's a bit slow to pick a network when you get off the flight but after that there was no delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Reprising this thread as I'm looking for a different provider myself (because current one 48.ie is too unreliable).

I want one with reliable roaming (data as well as calls), especially France, Belgium and UK (as well as Ireland).

Recommendations?

Advertisement