Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet cleaning

Options
  • 03-05-2022 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I'm helping a friend to clean up a house after tenants left. There's an en-suite toilet that mustn't have been used too often as there are stains that we have failed to remove. We've tried bleach, scrubbing, acid-based products and baking soda - all to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of how to remove these stains. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

Try pour a bottle of coke down and leave it overnight then black harpic to clean it off next day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the toilet, close the lid and leave overnight.

Scrub the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Some 120 grit sandpaper and elbow grease. It'll get it off.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Put in a Milton tablet into it. Let id dissolve and remain for a few hours.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This dealt with similar stains when I bought my house. Nohing else worked!

Make exceptionally sure to have good ventilation when you go to brush at the end - the stench was incredible

https://www.woodies.ie/santrax-scalex-toilet-descaler-1l-1086120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Black Harpic.

Advertisement