Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Car Insurance Claim

Options
  • 03-05-2022 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Someone had hit my car and decided when I gave them the quotes that they're going through their insurance company to repair the damage to my effectively brand new car. They've been pushing to get the car repaired at a place where "they know the owner" but I gave them quotes from other garages in the area. Now we're on to the stage of getting the car repaired so I'm wondering what is the process from the other parties side given they're claiming on their insurance to pay. Do their insurance company need to send out an assessor to verify the costs and also what's the situation with sending the car in, hiring a replacement car for the duration of the repair (3 days min) and then reapply paint protection from my dealer? Any advice would be appreciated as I would like to get the car booked in asap.

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There's a dedicated motor insurance forum and this would get better attention there I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

These days,it's straight to their insurer.

The cost of half way decent repairs is stratospheric,and I would be sceptical of any 200 euro have a go hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Just pass the info onto your insurance company.

Let them sort it out, that's what you're paying them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Agree with above posters

In regard to them pushing to get it repaired at a mechanic they know. Never do this - If there'a any issues down the line you'll end up kicking yourself since the mechanic may have done a 'cheap fix' etc.

Advertisement