Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE WrestleMania Backlash 2022 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 03-05-2022 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭

It takes place at the Dunkin' Donuts Centre in Providence, Rhode Island on Sunday, May 8th

The card so far:-

• Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins
    • Charlotte Flair (C) vs. Ronda Rousey (I Quit Match for the Smackdown Women's Championship)
    • Drew McIntyre & RKBro vs. The Bloodline (Six-Man Tag Team Match)
    • AJ Styles vs. Edge
    • Bobby Lashley vs. Omos
    • Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As per usual I will watch it live but really not much real desire for this PPV/Premium Live event

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crap looking PPV.

3 or 4 of the matches themselves look like they should be good but with zero stakes or titles behind them, I couldn't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Judgement from Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jo187

Do you think Charlotte ronda goes on last? Since the six man has no stakes?

Probably as it is the only title match

No IC, ladies tag titles, SD ladies, Raw ladies or US title matches

• Advertisement

I'm kinda into the Bloodline vs. RKMcBro feud match

Will Finn turn on AJ help Edge win or another join Edge's brood judgement stable

Drew should be the referee for Ronnie and Flair

12am- pre show

1am-4am- main show

Not going to be a spectacular ppv but few matches look decent esp the Bloodline vs Drew RKbro and the Edge match

Finn joining Edges stable would be fresh but depends on his contract situation I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is one of the scheduled matches on the preshow or will it be a random match or nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Boards.ie: Finn Balor is getting buried because he lost the belt to the 24 year old they have big plans for in a competitive match.

Also boards: let's stick Finn in as the 3rd most important member of Edge's divorced da club.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,824 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bit of an oversimplification there I think... losing to Theory was the right thing for the belt and company, but having Finn lose over and over and over again before that title match was pretty unnecessary, and ultimately kinda just lessened Theory's eventual win as it seemed a foregone conclusion rather than a big achievement. Like, it was a match without peril, as we'd seen the result repeatedly already over the previous weeks. So I think people just want Finn to be involved in something half decent with some sort of stakes and ambiguity involved.

Agreed on the Edge thing though, I just don't get the Judgment thing at all, and it seems counter productive. His whole thing is that he used to expend too much energy making people like him. But now he's spending just as much energy mocking their sports teams and calling them ugly. It's all just basic heel, with the brooding 'judgment' aspect seemingly having no purpose other than to wear dark clothes and have nice lights. I'd have much preferred if he went totally ambivalent to the crowd, like they were just beneath him and his attention, and all he cared about was causing enough damage to get the win however necessary.

• Advertisement

I agree with the first part, but unfortunately WWE seem to think the only way to build a contender is to have them beat the champion multiple times, it's not a burial, it's just a symptom of WWE being creatively bankrupt. If Finn was the only example of it you could call it a burial, but it's literally a monthly occurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Divorced Da Club, good one! I'm not a fan of the Moody Brood myself.

That fact anyone has an opinion on Balor just shows they care about what he does, no matter how good or bad it is. No harm in speculating what he's gonna do going forward. Sure before Mania I was guessing it would be a fatal 4 way with Priest Edge AJ and Balor. (Edge mentioned them all in that first promo)

AJ Edge was such a stinker of a match, they're gonna be trying to redeem that it, whether they do or not... I don't know.

Cody V Rollins, Charlotte V Ronda and the multi-man match looks alright for a B ppv. No Butch or Ezekiel is a bit sh¡te.

Explosive enough start to the PPV

Will Cody have his first ppv loss since his return ?

Yeah great match

That ending suggests this is going to another match

Very possible that this could go on til summerslam. Great feud but hope they don't over do it

HIAC on the June bank holiday weekend nice

You have to love a good Alter Bridge

Cody has beaten him twice, should be moving away from him now I think.

Edge wearing runners shouldn't bother me as much as it is, doesn't really suit the purple shtick

• Advertisement

Rhea is the third member

Will the stable stop there or will they add a tag team to it. A repackaged Viking raiders maybe

That was nearly as bad as the Mania match. They were showing a replay when Edge was hitting the spear on AJ. Brutal stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

So is Rhea the divorced younger mam that all the da's lust after in this stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A reveal like that would work better if she wasn't wearing her usual gear. "Oh, who's that wearing Rhea's bottoms"?

Though for a second I forgot what I was watching and though it was Julia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I would've preferred a slower reveal. Maybe 5/6 months of her slowing dying her hair black...

But seriously, maybe Rhea adds something different but not a fan of the stable gimmick so far. But they would all look cool in suits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enjoyed the Cody/Seth match. That's all I've seen so far will catch the rest later.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Show was shite. A nothing show.

• Advertisement

Just watched the rest of it there, Ronda V Charlotte was alright even with the dreaded "ask her" bit. Charlotte probably has the most heat on the roster, the crowd even cheered the announcement about her injury.

Moss match went on a bit too long, but it was ok.

Main event was grand as well, just a bit pointless. Roman seemed to take a Kane bump on the RKO. Drew looked like he was enjoying himself.

Fairly meh show, but never expected much. McAfee's line on commentary "Is that the Fiend in the front row?" gave me a laugh, can just imagine Vince's face!

Advertisement