Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZZ TOP -/AC/DC band

Options
  • 02-05-2022 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I was just thinking there’s loads of tribute bands out there but no ZZ top bands that I know off …I reckon a zz top /Bon Scott era AC/DC tribute band would do great -such great great rock music. !! I’m just thinking out loud here wonder does anyone here feel the same ….. I’m a Rhythem/lead guitar player based just outside Dublin maynooth area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MG100

Hi Wildkid

We (3 of us: lead guitarist/vocal/drummer) are putting a similar project together as it happens. Our goal is playing melodic hard rock style (80's vibe...) with some Bon-era AC/DC. We will aim to include 50% or so originals of this style (a lot of material is already written) in the set. We are all very good at what we do individually. It will be a pro-standard rock band playing a very polished set maybe a gig a month in the general area for fun.. possibly we will establish a residency in some good rock pub and build it up. It might sound like a contradiction - wanting to play pro-standard for fun...! We are 50s age group, each with many years experience playing at a very high level. Don't be put off by that age bracket. We are won't discriminate if people are younger (or older) as long as they are experienced excellent players with the right gear, show up with a professional & positive attitude to what they do. If this sounds of interest we'll talk

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rory_Byrne

HI Wildkid and MG100 , I'm a bass player, just turned 50, love Bon era ACDC and zz Top. I'd be up for this if you're still looking. Have pro gear and transport, based in Kildare. Thanks

Advertisement