Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water pressure issue with washing machines.

Options
  • 30-04-2022 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had a water pressure issue with an old Bosch machine , in that it would give an F17 code, which is usually low water pressure. I undid the cold water hose, found that it was clear and refitted it. No joy. The programmes would start normally and then after a while, you'd get the F17 again. The fix appeared to be a change of the inlet valve, which I did and this appeared to solve the issue for a few days of operation until it reoccurred and continued to happen. I even changed the hose for a new one. I also checked the inline valve to make sure it was fully open (it was but was very stiff in operation) and I even ran the inlet hose into a bucket to make sure I had a good water supply. No problem there. So, we replaced the old Bosch with a new Whirlpool. I checked the water pressure again and it appeared to be just fine. For the first few days of operation,no issues. But, now, it has started displaying a "H2O" symbol, which the troubleshooting page says is a water pressure issue. Just now, I checked outside to make sure the tap at the water meter is open fully and it is. I'm at a loss to figure out what's wrong. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Doolittle51

Maybe the pressure drops when something/somebody uses water elsewhere in the house? Less likely if it's plumbed directly from the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Are you sure its fed off the main(s) supply, it may be gravity fed from the cold water storage tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

further to this; it turned out to be one of the filters on the reverse osmosis water filter had burst and was emitting tiny microbeads into the piping. They blocked the inlet to the washing machine and the tap filter on a new mixer tap. We got the EWT service guy in and he changed the filters and we then flushed the taps and pipes and the problem went away. the washing machine is back to normal and the tap is back to normal.

Advertisement