Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart thermostat

Options
  • 30-04-2022 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks so I bought a hive thermostat today to replace a grasslin towerchron qm1 and for the life of me I cannot get the oil burner to fire up with the hive. Power is going to the hive but I have no idea if I have it wired right or not was hoping someone could tell me what wire should go where to get it up and running many thanks.

Attached is the wiring of the grasslin and the hive install diagram. I have tried wiring the hive like the grasslin but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s wired wrong.

look at the diagram !!

if it’s mains signal

live shouid be linked to common. And then switch from the second last one. ) which connects to the boiler

when the heating is called for. The normally open contact closes and loops the common through it.

really. If you can’t read the basic diagram you shouldn’t be doing any electrical work.

Post edited by ted1 on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Be aware, some boilers need a dry contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 legalmax

Did you ever sort this? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wouldn't go near this in a million years unless i was certain what i was doing, OP you are a brave man.

We had our combi boiler replaced two days ago and they were not 100% certain how our Google Nest connected and that was already in place to the old one. I figured they were insured so let them at it and it worked fine thankfully!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Advertisement