Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster pump for shower

Options
  • 30-04-2022 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have got a quote for €1150+vat @13.5% to supply and install a shower booster pump including materials and labour in Tallaght, Dublin. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or not? If not, any leads on who else to call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What make & model pump is he installing? There can be €500 difference from one pump to the next.

Is the pump only being connected to the shower or is it covering bathroom taps etc? It's usually easiest & less time consuming to pump the hot & cold for the whole house compared to just the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

It sounds like insane, celtic tiger fcuk off money unless he is installing some 3-phase pump that squirts the water from the bottom up and is powerful enough to lift you off the ground.

I installed a couple of these at home a few years back for little more than the price of the pump - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192558422067?epid=2254437571&hash=item2cd5605833:g:Ty0AAOSwpfVgr9Ux

They work fine. If you pay a little more you get one with a metal impeller. I only have them for the shower, they will likely burn out quicker if they have to spin up every time someone opens a tap to wash their hands.

Advertisement