Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks/green areas to play bit of ball (preferably nearer to town)

Options
  • 30-04-2022 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Yeah so just looking for an area to do bit of ball work. Don't need a training pitch, just an area to walk into and do bit of practice.

Somewhere that won't cause inconvenience to people or property. I know probably bit hard asking for it to be near town. Hopefully worth a try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Most parks would have space for this, like Herbert Park. Pitches might be booked for matches at peak time.

What part of the city are you looking for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The city is full of parks and green spaces. Plenty of them near town aswell. A look at a top view map of the area will show you one fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 depots

On the north side.

Yep I was considering Herbert alright. Sounds perfect, I will be avoiding the peak times anyway TBH. Most of the time it will be morning I will be doing my work

Just I don't fancy heading out to Phoenix park or any of those

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

albert college park has football pitches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fairview park? Tolka Valley? Poolbeg? There are loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,822 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

nobody knows where you are located. The Northside ? It’s a big area with multiples and multiple kilometres squared..

Would you not like to inform people where you are to enable them to help you ?

:D Beside Connolly. Don't get anymore north and near town than that

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I know there's loads of places but like I say only looking for somewhere that I won't be told to move on or where I'm creating havoc for anyone else.

Nor to be told like we use this area or this is our time round here.

I've only used parks for walking so it's not normally an issue (all the same to me that way)

There is a park on Foley Street you could use. Usually used for dealing drugs but they won't pay you any heed if you are doing some ball skills or whatever.

Fairview Park is a 6 or 7 minute run from Connolly.

Lol Pawwed

Yeah sounds like I have my pick of a few around the area Im based in so haven't to travel too far either

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Fairview.There's a Council place in Ringsend too...stadium and pitches.It's a good facility.I think there may be a park around it?

• Advertisement

Fairview seems ideal. Take a trip up when weather gets better

Advertisement