Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex Driver faked signature and no package

Options
  • 29-04-2022 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Was expecting a Fedex delivery some time today. Had to nip out for an hour from 11-12. Checked tracking when I got back, still in transit, no worries. Checked the tracking about half one. It said the package had been delivered at 11:30 and signed for by me. Which would have been some trick as I'm miles away. There was no-one at home and I live in the country with no particularly close neighbours. The courier had the Eircode and my mobile so it seems unlikely he got the wrong house. Searched the garden in case he fucked it over the wall but there was nothing there. Managed to get through the misleading Fedex helpline to talk to someone, who put me on hold for half an hour and then hung up. Rang back, on hold for ten minutes this time. Got a case number and a promise of a call back. Shockingly I never received that call back and I still have no package. All they have to do is ring the damn driver, whats so hard about that?

Do I have any comeback on this? I contacted the sender but they wont be back in the office till next Wednesday (long weekend in Poland). I just cant figure out what the driver did with the package. Did he just leave it on the side of the road? Did he just not deliver and somehow think I wouldnt notice? The tracking annoying still states its being delivered so I just have to hope the sender believes me as I have no faith in Fedex doing anything. I just hope if they do replace it they dont use Fedex again, at least the diabolical DPD driver chucks it over the wall.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Probably in some random shop half an hour away or something along those lines.

Seller has the contract with Fedex. If you get nowhere its their responsibility to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Since Covid you don't sign for deliveries so don't get hung up on the signature. Did you check bins? Sheds? Anywhere semi accessible - I say semi as I have a courier who likes to throw things onto my balcony two floors up from my front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭HorseSea

Had the same issue and the item was delivered the next day, when I challenged the driver on signing that I had received it the day before he just dismissed it as with Covid we sign everything and that he just never got to deliver it the day before. So I would not give up hope yet, annoying as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Nobody is signing since covid. Get the seller to chase them up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

This happens all the time - I had a parcel thrown into my garden, and when I brought it to my neighbour she had been told that it was signed for. Made me look like a thief. I’ve also had parcels stuck into my gates that weren’t even close to my address. Yours is probably with some distant neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

My DPD courier puts deleviries in the green bin if i am not home. First time he did it i didnt find it for a few days but now happy with the arrangement!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

This happened me recently with a expensive item worth around 600E. Said I signed for it, marked as delivered, no sign of it.

The courier proved useless so I got in touch with the company and after they looked into it I got a full refund.

The item was found about 4 months later. It had been left at a nearby business park.

I suspect the driver thought "ah close enough" and that it'd somehow magically make its way to me and he wasn't bothered driving the extra 5 minutes.

I really don't know how some companies get away with it. The company I bought from was down the item and the money so I presume they charge the courier for the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

OP, probably what happened was that you were miles off the drivers route so it would have taken a long time for him to drive out to you. Instead he did all the easier drops that were close together and left your parcel in the van to deliver another day when he has more deliveries in the area. He had to do something to account for the package so signed for it.

I've had the above scenario play out loads of times. Sometimes the drivers will sign and deliver later other times they will say you are not it.

You will probably get your item just not till at the earliest Tuesday now.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Since Covid, signatures are not used. The courier usually takes a photo of the parcel where it was delivered. Ok if you’ve got a numbered house, but a different story if you don’t. The last delivery I had, a large electrical appliance, the delivery lad took a photo of it on my kitchen floor.

Chase it up with the seller.

Advertisement