Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Motor Insurance Issue

Options
  • 29-04-2022 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I was hoping someone could help me because I’m very confused by this issue.

first time driver

23 Jan

I took out a policy online with AIG , I shopped around and with their telematics device I was offered for 1160. They sent out temporary disks until 22-Feb until they sorted out my documents.

sent documents regarding my license , installation of telematics device. Received response saying my license was marked wrong and it was a rating factor.

the question how long I have held my license I wasn’t fully understanding and put 0-1 years as I’d gotten a new one and had not issued one since I did in 2015. Anyway they decided to count it from 2015 so it was 6 years.

3 mar

I rang a representative who said yeah that’s all fine they sent me out a receipt of €0 and no additional payment on the policy and asked me to wait on my disks.

april

email regarding disks - told I owe a premium of 988 euro? Was confused , but didn’t want to pay and asked for a refund from the date they stopped insuring me. (22 feb)

but they won’t give it to me and will only give me a refund from todays date even though they admitted the mistake from the representative.

im confused on what to do here, and was wondering could I get any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Although you only had a disc until 22 Feb, you were still insured up to the date the instruction was given to cancel. I take it you've being driving in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

No I haven’t driven the car since 22nd February as I had only been issued temporary disks that expired on that date. I was never issued full disks.

the telematics device also proves that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Cover was still in place. Insurers are obliged to go through a very formal cancellation process if they want to come off cover and you need to instruct them if you wanted to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Ok thanks

Advertisement