Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about relocating to England

Options
  • 28-04-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hello

myself , husband and two young children are looking to relocate to England later this summer . Preferably Liverpool.

we Have been looking at houses to rent and have seen a few and are working with property agents .

there are a few things I’m curious about with the move…

how is council tax priced and when do you pay it?

can you automatically use the NHS for free once you get get there from ireland if we have an address over there ? …..( I am due a baby at Xmas so maternity care is very important)

are we better to sell our Irish car before we go over or can we drive it over on the ferry and sell it there?

my child is due to begin school in September, is it going to be difficult to get her a place in a school so late ?

thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Hi, Ms Sunshine.

Council tax is priced in bands A B C etc. A is the cheapest. I'm pretty sure our house is Band A and that's approx 1900 quid for the year. I pay it monthly.

If you do pay it monthly it starts in April and ends in January. They always divvy it up over ten months. Councils do vary a bit in what they charge.

Even post Brexit both Ireland and the uk kept their agreement that citizens of either country could live, work, and receive medical treatment just as they would at home.

Can't help re the car, sorry.

Re schools, if you look at Catholic schools your application will likely be more favourably looked upon if you attend the parish church. I can't offer an opinion with regard to more secular schools.

Advertisement