Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deinterlacing on Sky News

Options
  • 27-04-2022 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

The picture of Sky News on Saorview was excellent up to about 3 - 4 weeks ago - is it just me, or is there an issue with the deinterlacing the last three to four weeks - text is very jaggy as are images. But white is still quite bright which suggests that it's going out in 720. Is it just me, or has anyone else seen a deterioration in picture? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, you are correct - it's gone poor again. It was like this when it first launched. I complained at the time but nobody ever responded. It was fixed at some point but has now reverted.

It's as if all the engineers in Saorview somehow don't ever seem to watch it (or care).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Would the temporary good picture have anything to with the fact that Sky News Ireland was temporarily boosted for picture quality on free to air satellite while waiting for a transponder change ? It seemingly went from SD to almost HD for a week or so, but now that transponder change is done, it's back to crappy SD again. Are Saorview getting the feed from free to air satellite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boggy

Subtitles seem to disappear when the quality is lower. Quality is good today. Also just noticed that RTE News resolution has been upped to full SD like Sky News, text looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

RTÉ News is showing some GAA matches over the weekend so that's probably why. This happened before and it reverted back to 544x576 shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement