Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water connection for washing machine.

Options
  • 25-04-2022 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just wondering if there is much work involved in putting in a hotwater connection for a washing machine. We got a new one and there is only a cold water connection there at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

A hot water feed is wasteful and costs more to run.

When I run the hot tap at my kitchen sink I get 6 litres of cold water before it's hot. When I turn off the tap I leave 6 litres of hot water in the pipe unused. Most likely a dishwasher will take in 6 litres of cold water and heat it up leaving 6 litres of hot water wasted in the pipe.

Even if the hot water cylinder is close to the machine the water might be too hot and the machine let's it cool or ads cold water.

A dishwasher or washing machine with only a cold feed is the most efficient type of dishwasher or washing machine. They are A energy rated.

I'm guessing you have solar & are looking at ways to use the hot water. This isn't one of them I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why connect a hot water feed? You don't need it. Put an Y piece fitting on from the cold connection.

Advertisement