Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top section of Fridge Freezer - Not working

Options
  • 25-04-2022 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi

The top section of our Zanussi Fridge Freezer is not working.

I'm not sure how old it is.

I have google the problem & it seems it might be the Fan or the Coil or ???

The sales assistant in a local store says that it is probably either the Gas going low or the Thermostat & that its not economical to repair.

Any thoughts or suggestions - much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I just fucked a zanussi fridge out yesterday because of this.

The freezer worked but the fridge wasn't cooling?.

When I open the freezer door there was a build up of ice around the door that's usually not there.

Most of the time you just need to unplug it and let it defrost as the ice has blocked the passage from the freezer to the fridge. Take a hair dryer to all the holes in the fridge and freezer.

Mine kept doing this every couple of months. Was to do with people leaving the fridge door open or over filling it.

Only two years old.

Defrosting it worked every time. But got sick of it as it never happened on any other fridge we had if accidently left it open or had a full fridge. Wasted so much food so just bought another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

it is definitely not the stat, the stat controls the cutting in and out of the compressor, if it is running continuously and not putting up a skin of ice in the back plate it has a refrigerant leak. Not repairable, if replacing check out what is available for your needs in Liebherr , it is German made top quality

Advertisement