Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister in law is so nasty

Options
  • 24-04-2022 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My sister in law is a horrible human being. Her mouth is fowl, vulgar and dangerous. Lately she has been branding me a drunk...which I certainly am not. This is to divert the attention from her, who got drunk beyond belief several weeks ago. My reputation which I have worked so hard for years to obtain is being dragged down. I don't know what to do. There is no talking to her...and I don't want to talk to her...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

She's a bitch that gets pleasure out of causing drama and if she see that she gets a reaction from you she'll continue. Her life is so sad that it makes her feel good to make you feel bad. If she doesn't get any satisfaction from it then she'll eventually stop and move onto somebody else.

You need to simply cut her out of your life. If you have to be around them be civil but that is as far as it goes.

Is she your partners sister or brothers wife? Can you explain to them you will be distancing yourself from the sister in law and it's nothing personal to them. If not just leave it and don't add to the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wide berth.

I can't help but think of a funny bit from the simpsons to give you advice. May seem a little strange at first, but Apu was talking to Marge in the kwik e mart. Some woman comes in and asks Apu to pump her gas and he pretends to not speak English and says 'yes, no, maybe, hotdog' lol.

He didn't want to pump her gas. He pretended to not speak English to keep things to a minimum lol. He fobbed her off. He had no interest.

Sadly since she's the sister in law you will have to engage with her at points. But when you have to it's yes, no, maybe (or hotdog lol) but that's only when you have to. Otherwise you ignore, blank, delete phone number, delete her off your Facebook etc. You get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lizzy48

Thankyou for your replies. I've been doing alot of what you have advised, I'm avoiding her like the plague and it feels great. I know with upcoming family events that I may not be able to do this, but I plan on keeping my distance and spending as little time as possible at them.

Advertisement