If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Kids passports

  • 24-04-2022 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

    Ex wife refusing to hand over passports for children (or sign renewal for those that are expired). Joint custody. Does the dad have any options ?


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

    Yes, he can seek the direction of the family court on any matters to do with the passports, including renewal, and he can also request that he should keep possession of the childrens' passports.

    A solicitor is not required for the District Court, and the Court Clerk will issue the summons.

    Guardians-Dispute-Courts-Direction S.I No 58.17 - (This is just a sample form, the district court clerk will delete/ fill in the relevant details).

    But, if he is planning on holidays this year, he needs to move fast as getting a court dates can take a while. If he has travel plans, he should bring proof of this with him.