Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

All things paper

• 23-04-2022 4:50pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 72,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Is anyone else interested in paper and paper engineering in all its forms? I thought it would be good to have a thread for posting photos of projects, tips, questions, etc. regarding pop-ups and sliceforms, origami and kirigami, cartonnage and book-binding, papier maché, paper marbling, etc.

Usual Boards rules apply.

No selling, no advertising.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭ looksee

I had an absolutely amazing time when I was a mature student doing graphic design. I loved paper engineering and making paper, both of which I managed to incorporate into my final pieces. My total favourite was a box of 'paper engineering samples'; everything including the box was hand made using different techniques. I still have it but now it is 25 years old so looking a little tired, but I will take some photos tomorrow and put them up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 72,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Thank you looksee, that would be wonderful and a great source of inspiration.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 72,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭ New Home

Not mine, just very cool sliceforms.

Stunning, Looksee!! Thanks for posting them, they're brilliant!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭ looksee

Goodness, that is very lovely!

Advertisement