Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons Dublin 15

Options
  • 22-04-2022 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I would be grateful if someone could recommend a driving instructor for a young learner driver. They are looking for lessons in an automatic car. They are insured on the family car which is automatic. Do people do lessons in the driving instructors car or can you use your own car?

Any recommendations about where to do the test? Is Mulhuddart ok? Someone mentioned on the radio this week that there are a few challenging roundabouts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ultraviolence

The instructor may want you to carry out a lesson in their dual controlled vehicle just to see how your driving is and then you can ask do the next lesson in your own vehicle.

I have done driving lessons in the mulhuddart/hollystown area and finglas and i prefer the mulhuddart area to carry out the test in.

The vehicular traffic is very low throughout the day in mulhuddart compared to finglas. I've been doing my lessons around 10/11am and i recommend that time for your driving test.

The roundabouts are an advantage as you dont have to come across that many traffic lights which will prevent you from stalling when setting off but seeing that the person in mind is driving an automatic then stalling wont be an issue.

I feel like the roundabouts speed up your test compared to all the traffic lights in finglas. Traffic is more of an issue in finglas compared to mulhuddart. You have to enter housing estates for your turnabout, reverse around the corner etc and i found that in finglas, many people dont have front gardens so all of their vehicles are blocking the roads on both sides- making this a serious issue when it comes to observations and making it easier to make a mistake

In mulhuddart, you'll either enter the estates in blakestown near the lidl, housing estates in lady's well or the estates near the care centre in corduff

There are videos on youtube carrying out the different mulhuddart test routes so you can get an idea of the roads you encounter.

The youtube videos are for the mulhuddart test centre at the petrol station near damastown.

I assume the mulhuddart carlton hotel test centre also uses the same routes but i am not sure.

The area also has the advantage of being surrounded by isolated business parks which are either 60/80 so unlike finglas which is pretty built up and busy. Finglas also has some sneaky 30kmh roads that are not in housing estates so thats another disadvantage and an easy way to fail your test if you missed the sign.

Do a driving lesson in both areas and see what suits them more.

Advertisement