Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I eligible?

Options
  • 22-04-2022 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Long story short, I was attending an undergrad degree but dropped out in the final year (2016) due to family circumstances. I received the SUSI grant while attending. I've very recently been made redundant from work and planning on doing a one year access course in Northern Ireland with the view to progress onto a 3 year undergraduate degree afterwards. Am I eligible to a SUSI grant again if I've received one previously for 3 years of a previous undergrad course?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Potentially yes, but lots of variables. Passage of time, personal finances etc. Unfortunately, you won't know until you accept a place on a course and apply for the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭gipi

Check whether you'll have to pay college fees too - I recall that students who went through undergraduate years more than once had to pay 2nd time around - someone I know did first year of a course, realised it wasn't for him,then did first year again in a different course. He had to pay fees for the first year of his new course.

Edit: you may be okay re fees, as it's been over 5 years since your last course. More info here

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks alot guys, I'll look into it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 drummyel

When my daughter studied in the North she didn't get fees but did get the maintenance grant she had to borrow from student loans UK thinknit was £12000 for the 3 years but she won't start paying it back till she reaches a income of €25,000

Advertisement