Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Gigs and Tours / Viagogo

Options
  • 21-04-2022 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice. I purchased concert tickets from Gigs and Tours, which I could no longer go to, and sold them on viagogo (the gig is in the UK, I'm here in Ireland). Now I don't want to go down the whole selling on tickets, at the time I genuinely needed to get my money back as we couldn't travel. The gig was for 2020, and due to covid, was subsequently rescheduled after I sold the tickets, to next month. The agreement was, Gigs and Tours would post out my tickets to me and I would send them onto the Viagogo buyer via registered post. Today, I received a message from Gigs and Tours saying my tickets would need to be collected in person by me, with my ID and credit card I bought them with. I contacted Viagogo and told them this, and they have come back and said that yes, I need to collect them in person and hand them over to the buyer. I explained I'm in Ireland so it's not possible. They sent me the buyers name and mobile number and told me to contact them, so I called them and they said that they have since sold them on, through Viagogo. I've contacted Viagogo again, and told them the buyer had sold them on and what could I do as it's all very very messy. Anyone been in a similar situation and can offer me any help?

Advertisement