If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Family Law query

  • 21-04-2022 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

    Hi all,

    I thought this would be a better Forum than the Family one, but Mods, please feel free to move if you think it should.

    Can anyone tell me what the difference between a Section 32 and or 47 is? Do both of them involve meeting with child and parents seperately or does a certain one only involve meeting the child? I spoke to a solicitor about this several months ago and through reading it seems to contradict what I was told.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

    AFAIK (not a legal professional) - A Section 32 report is between the child and a psychologist only. A Section 47 report definitely involves both the child and the parents and a psychologist.