Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Disc?

Options
  • 20-04-2022 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just got hold of a dvd camcorder that uses Dvd to record on.Has anybody any idea where i can pick up the correct type of dvd for the camcorder,i think there a mini disc,cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

8cm DVD-R or DVD-RW is the norm for these, but some used 8cm DVD-RAM. The DVD-R/RW are still available, just about. Good luck if its the DVD-RAM ones.

Find and check the manual to see exactly what they use.

https://www.discount-discs.co.uk/8cm-camcorder-discs-138-c.asp or ebay or Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it look like it takes full size DVD's? There's blank DVD+r and DVD-R, these are record on to once and available in Argos, some Tesco stores will also have them. DVD+RW can be re-written to.

I take it that it's not Mini DV, these are tapes, see my like below...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Premium-Video-Cassette-Tapes/dp/B00SRE7ACC

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Hi,thanks for the reply.

I am new to all this and learning as i go,so i got hold of some mini discs dvd-r and tried them out but the disc is not recognised by my blue ray player.

Any idea if i am doing something wrong or the player just wont recognise the disc.I was hoping it would be as simple as taking the disc from the camera an playing on blue ray player but it seems not so straight forward.TIA.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You usually need to do a specific "finalise disc" process to make them readable on DVD or Bluray decks. They should play in VLC on a PC at any stage.

Once finalised, any left over space on the disc is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ceramic

They were 'mini DVD-RW', not to be confused with Minidisc, which is/was a rewritable audio format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement