Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General safety of living at Custom House Square (IFSC)

Options
  • 20-04-2022 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All, I'm looking to buy an apartment at Custom House Square and wonder if the area is safe. The entrance of the block is close to the Mayor Square, but it's not far from Sheriff Street Lower... In fact, the block I'm looking at and Sheriff Street are separated just by some houses and playfields. As Mayer Street is a one-way road, sometimes I might need to drive through Sheriff Street to get around.

I'm also wondering the general safety in the IFSC area (particularly near Mayor Square and CHQ). I passed a few times during the day and it looked grand, but I saw some comments saying it could be dodgy, especially when recalling the poor Mongolian woman killed by a teenager last year....

I would appreciate your genuine opinions / experience sharing / advices . Many thanks.

Post edited by tastestory on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Don't buy there (or anywhere) without living there. Find an Airbnb for a while, see what it's really like. You don't sound like you know the area and yet you're thinking about spending a six figure sum on a property there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Awful area, one of the worst in the city of Dublin. Check out the surrounding area in the evening and on weekends to see what I mean. You have the North Inner City and East Wall right on top of you and both of these areas are kips.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can be fairly hairy outside of business hours and at weekends I wouldn't bother personally

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tastestory

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I lived on Grand Canal Dock and thought IFSC would be similar because it's literally just across the river. I took a walk there today and indeed saw groups of teenagers riding scooters or bikes, not the same feeling as in Ground Canal Dock...

Advertisement