Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Edward Square food plaza?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Yeah like Supermacs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,678 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Would be a good use for the space.

Put a roof over it and call it the Apple Market or suchlike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Is the alternative (empty units) really that much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Would be a great idea if they're allowed to put seats outside, would really fill up that empty space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

It's better than empty units. it'd just be a shame to see it full of "TGI fridays, Nando's, Frankie & Bennies and the like. But that's the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,678 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's the perfect place for a clutch if places like that. Send all the hens+stags there.

Leave the more interesting places for historic buildings and nicer groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Trying to think of the history of that space. Has it ever fully flourished, like not had an empty unit or 2?

Was also trying to think when it was created. I think I remember the top of Shop st (or is taht still William St?) having a continuous row of shops at that point .

So was it around prior to 2008 or just being built at the time. I do remember it must have been there by about 2010.

So yeah would be good if you had a decent array of food places there as long as they weren't identikit chains etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Edward Square went in approx Nov 1999. Shops opened around then or into 2000. It had full units for many years. Only around the last 3/4 years that businesses started to close and units remained empty with the change in the general retail environment.

Advertisement