Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking/walking trousers.

Options
  • 18-04-2022 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭

Been hiking for a while and have invested in a decent pair of sturdy hiking boots (Lowa renegade mid)

now to buy hiking trousers, this post is more so about the fit than what trouser to buy. Bought a pair of hiking trousers today, tried them on in shop etc and they came down to just off the ground at my heel in bare feet.

now the issue is I came home, threw on the trousers and then the hiking boots. I’m not too sure how the trousers should fit at the bottom, the ones I got are all gathered at the top of the boot.

Should they hang down over the boot?

Should they fit inside the boot maybe?

or Should they rest a bit above the top of the boot without gathering? (i.e. buy them shorter etc?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Don't think it really matters. Being a bit short in the leg, mine always bunch a little at the top of my boots. Some pull down over my boots. Don't find either way any better than the other. If it really bothers you, you could try wearing gaiters.

Advertisement