Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moss killer

• 18-04-2022 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend an inexpensive moss killer?have a load of it on a shed,i cant get to it to scrap it,but can reach/spray it from a weed sprayer.tried jays fluid,bleach. vinegar,but its still there and seems to be thriving,want something that i can spray on and it will kill/rot and fall off/get blown away,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Notmything

I've used washing powder to clear moss off a driveway, might be worth a shot.

Even if it doesn't work the shed will smell nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I sprayed the roof with a high concentration of washing powder two years ago and it's still moss free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭monseiur

Try Intachem Algae Rem, you just spray it on straight for drum, no diluting required. If it's a pitched roof and whole roof is covered in moss, concentrate on higher (ridge) area and and let it run down. As it's very concentrated a light wetting will suffice, 5 L. will cover a huge area. Spray when weather is dry and preferrably overcast, if weather is warm & sunny spray late in the evening, do not spray if rain is promised within 24 hours. Another cheaper but probably less effective option is a mix of washing powder and chlorine bleach. Don't forget to wear PPE at all times when handling chemicals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Biological washing powder. Cheap as chips in Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I went to Lidl a few weeks ago (don't usually shop there) just to get washing powder and all they had was pods. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Luck of the draw I think. A few things I used to like in both shops have either vanished or gone hard to get.

Back on topic and personally I use this stuff from time to time:

Or this:

Mask and eye protection if using though!

Washing powder is great though if you want a quick, cheap, easy to apply answer.

Advertisement