Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice of Sliding Mitre Saws

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've not used either (I have a Bosch) but the Titan has an electric brake which is a useful safety feature.

I have a big unbraked circular saw and it's mildly terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭redsheeps

Ah I didn't catch that feature not being on the more expensive one. Maybe I'll go that route, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

I have an evolution mitre saw. Similar to the one on the link. I got it because the blade will go through nails and I use alot of scrap timber. Have it 18 months and I fairly dog it when using it. Good so far. the blade I have it for rough cuts but I don't do anything fancy so it suits me. there are other finer blades you can get.

Never heard of the other brand

Frogeye

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

I have the Titan saw, I bought it a few months ago when I was framing the inside of a steel shed.

I couldn't fault it to be honest, I looked at the Evolution one also, only difference I noticed was the Evolution one didn't seem to have a trigger to activate it. It seems to come on full blast as soon as you lift the guide, I came across it on a youtube video of it somewhere.

I've cut loads of 3x2,4x2 on mine and no issues so far, for general use at home its perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭redsheeps

Pulled the trigger on the Titan saw. It's great so far. Bought the stand with it and can't fault it. Only minor thing is the bent red metal marker for angled cuts. It's hard to know how accurate that is and I reckon I might need to calibrate that (bend it) after making some cuts to check the angle is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you only want it for cutting decking boards and skirting etc the Lidl one is fine. I have been using mine for three or four years for the same sort of jobs and its great - it wouldn't suit a professional granted, but for what I want it for its fine. I think I paid about 90 for mine they are gone up to around 130 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

D

Dont buy a power tool If you dont know how to use it.

Advertisement