Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOGOF vouchers

Options
  • 17-04-2022 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

I just want to ask what's everybody's opinion on this story that I will describe below. There's been an issue with BOGOF vouchers at one estabilishment, and the staff not accepting them. I will now explain and would like to know what people think about this.

Went yesterday to play pool with my friend. I have some very old BOGOF vouchers (12 years old roughly). No Terms and conditions printed on them. The vouchers say Buy one hour get second one for free. Bowling or pool. Little star at the word pool and below it says "pool not valid after 7pm".

Also, the price before 6pm is 15 euro for an hour of pool (off peak) and 18 euro after 6pm.

So at like 5:45pm we go to the counter and I want to buy an hour and get the other one for free with the voucher. Girl/lady is looking at the voucher, recognising it but saying it's old an I confirm that. So she then says the voucher isn't valid for pool after 7pm and she cannot accept it because it's almost 6pm and we will be playing past 7pm. So I argue and say it's not even 6 o'clock so it's valid. I cannot use it to pay and get an hour for free after 7pm. So she just repeats the same stuff she said before saying she can't accept it. I went there to this place before covid and used these voucher before 7pm no problem, getting two hours and paying for one. Going there after dinner after 6pm. She said oh it was the old staff and they were not supposed to accept it. So to me it seems I am right and she supposed to accept that voucher. I never came across something this before, when you have a voucher for a movie in a cinema that's not valid after 8pm for example and they say they can't accept it because the movie is 2 hours long and now it's 7pm.. like that's just absurd.

Anyway so I am like whatever just give me an hour so. And she charges me 16,50 euro for an hour. So I am like one hour is 15 euro so why is she asking 16,50? So her explanation is that it's before 6pm, I am paying these 10-15 minutes at a rate 15 euro per hour and 45-50 minutes is at 18 euro per hour. Like I think I should be paying 15 euro for an hour no? That's how it was before too. Or something changed with covid I am not aware of? Businesses just charging whatever they want? How did they get to 16,5 euro an hour? 30 minutes at 15e per hour is 7,5e. 30 minutes at 18e per hour is 9e. 7,5e+9e is 16,5 euro. That makes no sense at all. I am looking at the time I paid and it was 5:51pm.

She gave us extra 30 minutes for free so that's ok, I appreciate that but then one of the staff rushed to us when the light turned off above the table taking the balls quickly to serve another bunch of people. We couldn't even finish that game. Btw. they had few spare tables there when I looked so it's really odd thing to do just ruin somebody's game like that.

So what do you think? BOGOF should've been accepted and how much the charge supposed to be for an hour?

Comments

Advertisement