Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving garden shed

Options
  • 17-04-2022 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

* apologies if this is in wrong place

I have a bicycle shed from ballyfree garden buildings. I’m moving house and really want to take it with me.

Do you think its possible for a pretty unskilled man to take it apart and put back together.

It is nailed together. Screws would have been a lot easier. Online instruction videos all deal with screws!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you are not a DIYer you probably don't have the necessary tools.

If its nailed together its going to be tidier to cut through the nails with a small angle grinder or a sawzall rather than trying to pull the nails out.

The other problem is that you have to cut down the middle of the ridge through the felt to get the roof into its two original panels then of course you need to either nail on some new felt when you rebuild it or use torch on felt.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

Thanks for reply.

this does not sound like a job for me! Ill measure new side passage and look into getting it transported.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Would it be cheaper to gift it to the new owners and order a new shed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

If it's a house sale, better confirm that the shed is not included by default in a same usually anyway. If not, as AJR mentioned, offer to sell it to the new owner.

It may have been nailed together with a nail gun and as such many nails may not be obvious/accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

It is light enough that four men could lift into a van. I’ll try to transport it assembled.

If that doesn’t work then the new owner can have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement