Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air To Water Cylinder - 2nd Floor

Options
  • 17-04-2022 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi there,

Apologies if a silly question but we are in the process of purchasing a new build and the house comes with the Mitsubishi Ecodan A2W system.

The water storage cylinder is currently on the plans in the utility room however it takes up a large chunk of limited space meaning we will just about squeeze a washer and dryer and nothing else in that space.

Would there be any issue it looking to place the cylinder and respective controls/piping in the 2nd floor hot press which we don’t envision using for much?

As you can guess I’m not familiar with plumbing in general so I’m not sure if this is something that could be done, if possible I’ll definitely be speaking to the builder about changing the placement.

thanks for any and all guidance.

Cylinder for reference: https://www.plumbingproducts.ie/monobloc/5380-mitsubishi-ecodan-preplumbed-mono-block-water-cylinder-200l.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

No real problems, it just means that all the piping (hot and cold water and rads/underfloorheating in the house), bar the mains for kitchen sink will have to be sent to the upstairs plant room.

We have a downstairs plant room with our Ecodan and MVHR, modern houses these days should have a dedicated plant room to accommodate the heating/hotwater and MVHR, it make life much easier and keeps the MVHR in the heated space.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Just wondering about that myself, would there be a pump located upstairs that might run during the night ? I was thinking about noise rather than anything else.

Advertisement