Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford park

Options
  • 15-04-2022 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

Hello, myself and the 7 year old are heading to Wexford park tomorrow for the hurling.

I have never been to wexford ever

Can anyone advise on where to park?

Will there be loads of traffic etc and back ups

Trust me , im used to this with matches in Pearse stadium/Salthill

Post edited by obi604 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Traffic will be pretty mental around Wexford Park for the match and possibly also on the approach roads to Wexford (N11 or N25) so I'd give myself plenty of time. The Gardai usually block off all free parking on the approaches to the ground so that traffic is not restricted. There are a couple of places near the ground such as Clonard Church and St. Peters school which charge for the use of their car-parks (usually 5 Euros) so I'd try to get there early and aim for one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks for the comment. I will be coming from Waterford city, not sure if that makes any difference to things.

I see there is a Lidl within a 15 minute walk to Wexford park. Would this be any good to park in?

The Lidl car-park have put a check at the entrance on the days of big matches to stop GAA fans from using their car-park so it's probably advisable not to aim for there.

If you come in the N25 and can find a spot anywhere near the Wexford race-course or the hospital, you'll be only twenty minutes walk from the ground.

Noted. Thanks.

do you have to pay for parking at race course or hospital?

note: I plan to land in Wexford at about 3pm (4:30pm throw in)

• Advertisement

Could Tesco extra or Aldi be an option I plan to be there relatively early and may have a wander around. Never set foot in Wexford before so be nice to have a gander.

I was thinking more of the residential roads near the hospital or race-course as the hospital itself is dear enough and the racecourse won't be open for parking. I'm not sure if Tesco or the three Aldis in Wexford apply any controls during match-days.

Thanks.

Very generally speaking, would I better off saying South of the stadium for parking. Hospital etc are North of it. Or is it all the one.

Probably all the one in terms of availability.

Noted. Thank you. The places north of the stadium seem to be sending me deeper in to things coming from the east direction. But again, I don’t k ow the lay of the land 😎😬🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement