Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KILDARE/MEATH - New 70s ROCK BAND FORMING - Seasoned Musicians - SEEKING VOCALIST / KEYBOARD PLAYER

• 15-04-2022 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

NEW 70s 80s CLASSIC ROCK BAND (forming) SEEKING:

1. ROCK VOCALIST 2. ROCK KEYBOARD PLAYER (70s 80s Rock classics must be your genre).

Three experienced seasoned musicians have come together TO FORM A NEW 70s 80s CLASSIC ROCK BAND (2022). We are 3 men ... all serious guitar players ... aged 50/59/61 (Meath/Kildare locations) with combined 128 years of GUITAR KNOWLEDGE .. pro guitar/studio session heads/lead guitar/pro bass/ acoustic expertise and knowledge taking on the classic rocks songs of the 70s and 80s. (Drummers x 2 on standby). Guitar Equipment ... It's all Gibson / Fender / PRS / Musicman / Stingray / Fender Jazz /Aria Fretless bass / Takamine 12 string / Taylor acoustic ... serious musicians / serious guitars so it's of high calibre and seeking experienced persons with talent, expertise and musical prowess to audition. This band will be sublime with a USP that blows all other cover bands away. The structure, the drums, the sound of the kit behind these musicians is mindblowing !

We are listing our desired set ... to comprise of 48 songs .. to reduce to 32 songs (2 hour SET) after due deliberation, diligence, vocal assessment and then deciding on which 32 songs work to blow our audience away over a 2 hour gig! Below is a list of the 35 bands which we will choose cover songs from :

STATUS QUO THIN LIZZY BOSTON QUEEN ZZ TOP THE EAGLES BON JOVI

ACDC THE POLICE ROBERT PALMER GARY MOORE BAD COMPANY FREE BRYAN ADAMS

DEF LEPPERD ERIC CLAPTON STEVE MILLER BAND PINK FLOYD JOE JACKSON WHITESNAKE TOM ROBINSON BAND

CROWDED HOUSE DEEP PURPLE RAM JAM DIRE STRAITS STEELY DAN THE CULT THE KNACK

JOURNEY LED ZEP RAINBOW THE CARS KANSAS JIMI HENDRIX VAN HALEN

To arrange audition for this new project, please reply with a brief history of your experience/age/profile.

Thanks for reading this !

Kevin (Naas)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭catjones

Hi there,

55 yr old singer ( old school frontman) actually knows how to work an audience. Have mostly played in Originals bands however will consider covers for the right set up. Really like the artists you are talking about and would definitely like an audition ( I like the idea of not just being some lame cover band but actually putting on a show

Here is my last single

Here is me on utube with a sing co written by me singing a song that has had 3.5 million plays on soundcloud

I live in Sallins Co.Kildare , remember a singer you can get,

A frontman well they are a little bit harder 🤣🤣

Cheers

Ray McGinty

• Registered Users Posts: 4 punk floyd

Hi Kevin,

I wish I'd seen this post earlier. I'm a drummer in the right age bracket and I couldn't have put together a better setlist than that. I have almost 50 years rock/pop experience, covers and original backing vocals. I note you have a couple of drummers on standby but if anything changes I'd love to meet up/audition. I live in kilkenny.

The very best of luck with the project.

Cheers

Alfie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ROCK-KILDARE

Hi Alfie,

Thank you for your response to this boards ad.

There are two guitarists and bassist involved thus far rehearsing the first 10 tracks of this PROJECT ROCK 70s/80s BAND SET. We are using a PRE WRITTEN drum track programmed via TOONTRACK Superior Drummer II as our guide. It's a great FOUNDATION but obviously not the real thing until a drummer is put in place. The final rehearsal tracks will be recorded to MP3 file and then sent via email to prospective drummers for analysis/rehearsal with auditions for interested capable drummers to follow (probably in July 2022).

Your name is on the list !

Regards

KEVIN

That's great Kevin. Thanks for your reply. Good luck with the rehearsals.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MG100

You guys have already what I would have to offer (I am an excellent lead guitarist with similar gear/age/experience/locale)

Reason for posting is I'd love a lot of those bands. When you get going I'd love to go see guys playing when you get it up & running to - with respect - see if you can walk that great talk 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 rockinit

Great selection of bands there alright, 50's, living in Dublin, close to M50. Have done some stuff and happy to try out if your doing auditions, you've nothing to loose - 100% committed, cheers

Hi Kevin

Did you manage to get this project going?

Regards

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ROCK-KILDARE

THIS AD IS CLOSED / WITHDRAWN

Advertisement