Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powakaddy FX3 problems

Options
  • 13-04-2022 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Evening all, I use a powakaddy FX3 which is only a year old. It stalled on course today with the digital display just flashing a "0".. battery charged but no movement at all.. just wondering if anyone has come across this before... seems a little soon for it to be terminal....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Best get back to where you bought it from, if you are now aware, have a look at your Consumer Rights ahead of contacting seller

https://www.boards.ie/categories/consumer-issues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I had the same issue with an older FW model. It was the battery. It just died as you described.

I think there was only a year's warranty with it and I was just outside that.

I had to buy a new battery.

I was told that you can just be unlucky with batteries - some last years some dont

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

just return to any store that deal with powakaddy.

2 yr warranty on trolley and 5 yr warranty on battery(if registered with powakaddy)

they can have it picked up and repaired/replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Same happened to me, and similar with brave donut.

mine was working fine for 4 years then just stopped all of a sudden.

brought to a caddy repair place over loughlinstown direction.

new battery needed.

the guy said the type of battery (lithium) just stop, unlike older batteries were they diminish over a period of time.

Has anyone successfully had a 5-year-old battery replaced under warranty?

How do you register it with powakaddy?

• Advertisement

if its under warranty it will be replaced by powakaddy even at 4 or 5 yrs old.

Lithium batteries are very reliable so rarely have issues with batteries.

when you buy a powakaddy or motocaddy you should be given instruction to register trolley online with either company's website. it's a simple process

Since I didn't register at the time I bought the trolley about 3 years ago, can you register just the battery?

no I don't think so. I think it has to be registered within 14 days of purchase. if you now buy a new battery u can register just the battery and will get a 5 yr warranty.

Advertisement