Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign birth register query

Options
  • 13-04-2022 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and I have a couple of questions about the foreign birth register application. I was hoping someone could help.

I am applying for an Irish passport, but have to go through the foreign birth register since my mum was not born in Ireland. She is an Irish citizen, however, having moved over there when she was young, and has an Irish passport. My grandad, her dad, was born in Ireland.

I wasn't sure if she had to register on the foreign birth register, or only me, as she is actually an Irish citizen with an Irish passport, having only been born abroad. I assume only I have to apply since she is already a citizen, but I wanted to make sure.

Additionally, my brother also wants to apply, and I was wondering if two applications could be submitted together, or if they have to be done separately, even though we will be using the same documents.

Thank you so much to anyone who is able to help, I really appreciate it.

Comments

Advertisement