If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Bidding while sale agreed

  • 13-04-2022 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 36 ILIKECOCONUTS

    We are currently sale agreed on a property for several weeks, we have paid our booking deposit but have received no contracts to date. A house around the corner is now up for sale in better condition with lower levels of bidding. It is being sold by the same estate agent. Is it appropriate to ask can we place a bid on that property?



  • Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭ Dav010

    As long as you have yet to sign a contract, you can do as you wish, but of course the Auctioneer/vendor will reopen the property you are sale agreed on to new bids. There is also a risk the the auctioneer will inform the vendor of the second property that you have history of pulling out when sale agreed. That may work against you and in the end you lose both.

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭ StevenToast

    "A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush".......

    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭ MacDanger

    Could you get your solicitor to place the bids on your behalf?

  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ LunaLoo

    It's a sellers market out there now. It wouldn't be in agents interest either so they would likely inform both sellers. The way the market is right now I think you'd definitely be playing with fire.