Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 1616 query - blocked number ???

• 12-04-2022 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My Dad has a nokia 1616... v basic... he can just about use it.. he's an elderly gentleman..

One of my bro's noticed that when ever he tried to call Dad all he gets is 3 peeps then the call is ended..

He then discovered that he could get thru to Dad by hiding is caller ID..

So it would seem that his number has been blocked from Dad's phone.

Not Dad would not have done this deliberately.. he wouldn't know how to even if he wanted to. But someone else (not saying who) might have done this somehow.

Thing is, we went thru all the options on Dad's phone and we cannot see any way of blocking a number.. could it have been done remotely? By calling his network provider or something?

Its a big mystery.. but we are wondering if "someone" has blocked my bro's number from Dad's phone somehow?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,479 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In the user manual it doesn't look like there is an option to block numbers. Is your brother using an Irish phone network? Also assume brother is using phone and not WhatsApp to make the call?

https://www.manualsbase.com/manual/60757/cell_phone/nokia/1616/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭sporina

@Atlantic Dawn thanks for your reply.. we are all in ireland - and not whatsapp - its not a smart phone..

maybe its just a glitch? for some unknown reason? v odd though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,479 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps try have your Dad call your brother, get him to answer the call and then after a few seconds end the call. Then get brother to check his call logs to where he sees your Dads call and select that to make a call to see if this then dials and connects, that would rule out any incorrect number formatting being the issue if it also happens with that.

After that call the providers and see. Next thing might be a factory reset of your Dad's phone but I think it may be so basic that it doesn't have such an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭sporina

@Atlantic Dawn just tried that - same thing.. 3 beeps.. (with number not withheld)..

no option to restore factory settings..

i'll talk to his network provider tomorrow.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,023 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Try this OP.

If your brothers number is saved as a contact on your Dad's phone, Remove your brothers Number completely (Delete it), from your dad's phone. Switch off your dad's phone. I'd do the same on brothers phone.

Restart, now get your brother to call your dad with number showing (Not withheld) hopefully your dad's phone will accept the call, if it does, now save the number again in contacts.

If this doesn't work, you may need to reset the phone if that's possible.

I came across something similar in two older Samsung basic smart phones, two relatives accidentally blocked each other (not suggesting this happened here but possible), by wiping each person's contact of each device, restarting both, call to each other, problems solved. I can't explain why but solution worked, so worth a try 🤞

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement