Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 Minute customer parking Tramway Terrace Douglas

Options
  • 12-04-2022 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Yesterday evening had to collect a takeaway in Douglas on way home from work

Parked in the 15 minute parking space outside a well know food shop on tramway terrace (yellow building on right)

Owner opens door and asks 'are you coming into my shop'? I said no,Im collecting a takeaway, then the abuse started

He said the parking space is for his customers and I should get the f..k out of there.. So I refused as its not his private parking space

He lost the plot completely. after I returned with my food, about 5 minutes later he was still going on how people like me are f.cking up his business.

Absolute creep and very intimidating, ie in your face.

Shaking when I got home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The amount of knobheads that think they have protected rights to the space on the road outside their property is astounding!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,798 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's a local shop for local people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

There is a 15 minute set down space actually outside his shop (enough for 2 cars), but its not for his customers alone.

If you shop anywhere in Douglas you are entitled to spend 15 minutes there

I rang the City Council to confirm that he had actually no right to claim it as his own parking space 'which he fought so hard to get for himself'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Yup, details on the 15 minute parking here, makes no mention of them being provided for a specific business.

Even if someone HAD been intending to park and go in there, if he's that aggressive he'd turn them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

What was the name of the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

He was totally wrong but having dealt with same man I think you can let it go as IMO he is genuinely suffering with some kind of mental illness. Poor man. Hope you weren't too shook up unprovoked attacks can be quite upsetting.

Advertisement