Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priming the King keg or no

Options
  • 11-04-2022 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a brew that's been sitting in the fermenting bucket for 3 weeks, fermentation stopped a few days ago But I let it sit in the hoe of it clearing as much as possible before bottling some of it and keging the rest,

the brew is a sparkling ale called innkeepers daughter, I would normally bottle all of this brew By I need to keg some to keep me going DRINKING Till I get another batch on the go,

My question is, is it ok to just put this in the King keg without adding sugar for priming, the keg is a top tap So will be getting co2 injected into it anyways,

I'm thinking it wont need to be kept warm for secondary fermentation and should be cool to drink within a few days,

Or will it come out flat or dead in any way if not primed,

in anticipation of your help I thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's nowhere near enough gas in the dispense tap to carbonate the beer so it will come out flat. You need sustained high-pressure CO2 from a tank to force carbonate.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Handyman1

Hi Beer Nut

apologizes for not getting back to you sooner, only just seen your reply,

I didn't get a notification that someone had replied to my post, must check the email address I have on this, been a while since i popped on here,

Ended up bottling 4 Pints and putting 100 grams of sugar in the King keg the night I posted, its been 5 days since kegging So decided to pour a half pint and I'm happy to report that its got plenty of gas and it should be ready to drink pretty soon,

Yes I agree that added co2 will be needed as the pressure drops... I was just wondering how to go about getting drinkable beer as soon as possible Because my stash was getting low due to friends getting a taste for the brew,

Thanks again for the reply 👍️

Advertisement