Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best streaming device for TV?

Options
  • 11-04-2022 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey so I'm looking to get an add on for my TV that will allow me run additional apps on it. I have an LG CX and while its a great TV the LG store is pretty lacking.

The main apps I want to be able to run are Nord VPN and apps such as Stremio, IPTV, etc.

I also want it to be able to run 4k if possible. So can anyone point me in the direction of what I should go for? The more access I have to apps without restrictions.

Firestick, Nvidia Shield, Google TV all pop up, but price seems to vary quite a bit! Would love some recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Bumping this rather than starting my own with a similar question. I have a Fire Stick that is about 3 years old and is starting to slow down so would consider replacing. Should I just upgrade to a newer fire stick or what are the benefits of a Shield or Google TV instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

The 4k Firestick will work well, but the daddy of them all is the Nvidia Shield. It'll handle anything. I have the original Shield and it's still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

Using both the shield and firestick currently. Shield is just a better and smoother experience, everything quicker and slicker. Only reason is use firestick is that Now TV wont work on shield. Shield for me is definitely worth the extra money if you have it.

Advertisement