Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Grand National 2022

• 10-04-2022 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭

Fairyhouse on Monday 18th of April 2022

Full Time Score, Any Second Now and Death Duty all e/w for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Farclas on the bridle approaching the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I’m not going to make my final selection until closer to the time, but from having a look through the card this evening, there are three that have caught my eye. The form of the Kim Muir might not be the strongest but Mister Fogpatches and Fakir D’alene are two that make the shortlist finishing sixth and fourth respectively. Mister Fogpatches is a proven stayer, and I don’t think he’s dependant on a certain set of ground conditions. Fakir D’alene was a few lengths ahead in the aforementioned Kim Muir. He hasn’t won a chase over 3 miles apart from his point, but there could be a lot to like about him. The Morans have had a bit of bad luck of late and they could be due a big winner. The lightly-raced Full Time Score appeals most possibly though. Not much between him and another Grand National runner, Smoking Gun, from his Fairyhouse win in February, but you maybe get the feeling there’s a lot more to come from him - he could be laid out for this. Blackmore on board as well: he is and will be well backed - into 7s from 10s already. He hasn’t raced on anything better than soft ground. Monday is promised to be quite good, so I’m thinking the going could well be good or good to soft on Monday, but that all remains to be seen.

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

My main concern with Full Time Score would be his lack of experience. From looking at some previous winners of this race, it’s not often a horse with as few runs as Full Time Score (7 runs) has won the National. For this reason, I’m currently leaning towards the more experienced Mr. Fogpatches. He’s only won once over fences – over 3m 7f – but he’s placed in some big-field handicaps, including the Scottish National, and the Thyestes Chase behind Longhouse Poet. Danny Mullins is on board which is another positive for him, and at 22/1, I think he could hopefully at least have a good chance of making the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Velvet Elvis, Diol Ker & Smoking Gun e/w for me

Not a race that has been very friendly to horses at the top of the handicap. Last time a horse won this carrying more than eleven stone was back in 2017, and, before that, one has to go back as far as 2000. I think my three picks will like the ground if it goes soft, and two of them (Diol Ker/Smoking Gun) have ran well / won at the course before. I hope it rains more :)

If looks could kill then Brian Gleeson would be in a poor way.

He asked Thomas Gibney about the prospects of Velvet Elvis when interviewing him prior to an earlier race today. Trainer was happy enough to talk about his horse in 3.45 Fairyhouse today, but the mood changed when his Irish Grand National contender was brought up. I thought it was funny anyway. Very curt he was in his responses - nowhere near enough rain was about the height of it from the trainer of Lion Na Bearnaí :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Velvet Elvis odds reducing

I have an e/w bet on Fakir D'alene and Ronald Pump now also

Best of Luck All

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Time to get up

Champagne platinum

Mr Fog patches

Lord lariat

All 7 places e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭bladespin

Going with School boy hours, local trainer and lots of confidence in his ability, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Can't see Gordon Eliott wasting Jack Kennedy. Gone ew on Frontal Assault 20/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭Xander10

Elvis for me, ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

My 4forthenational all e/w

Big:timetogetup/mistgerfogpatches

Medium: enjoydallen

Small velvetelvis

• Advertisement

Farclas on the bridle approaching the last, easing up crossing the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm having a small bet on TIME TO GET UP 12/1 just to make race more interesting to watch. He fits all the stats and Jonjo has had two previous winners in this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Smoking Gun (35/1) for me. Bottom weight and course/distance form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭redarmy

Fakir Dalene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Absolute lick arse that Gleason, a real con artist, what’s the point of him exactly? Wonder how much he paid to get into Fairyhouse, freeloading hungry man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Lottery race as usual, Mister Fogpatches has a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Run Wild Fred. Cheltenham and Aintree gave me nothing, Third time lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I did School Boy Hours ew just for an interest

It must be the horse with 3 legs.. it has drifted so much.

Screaming Colours e/w at 20/1

Horses complaining about being dizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Bookies will be wetting themselves they will be laughing so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

That'll do, horse.

Couldn't get a whiff of room after jumping three out and then Codd nearly went arse over tit coming over the last.

Thanks, Jane Mangan.

7 PLACES!

5.00 BoyleSports Irish Grand National Result:

1. Lord Lariat 40/1

2. Frontal Assault 18/1

3. Gaillard Du Mesnil 11/2 fav

4. Screaming Colours 18/1

5. Early Doors 33/1

6. Velvet Elvis 12/1

7. Max Flamingo 10/1

#BoyleSportsIGN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

WellDoneNatlor finding the winner Irl GN 22, my results were abysmmal 6th,9th, 12th, 13th,

rollon IRL GN23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

Laughing they weren’t. Loads of them got burned with that result. All the small local €10 ew and then a few decent bets on it. I saw an €80 ew on it in the ring and a group beside us in the bar all had €20 on it and there were about 10 of them there. That group all did it with the same bookie too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

The bookie would have laid it off on the exchange

Advertisement