Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Bitcoin for cash

Options
  • 10-04-2022 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

looking to buy Bitcoin for cash. I can provide a wallet address.

Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

A bitcoin ATM is probably your best bet but I've no idea where you can find one in Ireland. They usually charge pretty hefty fees from what I know. Apart from that, you'd probably just have to get someone to sell it to you directly but I'd imagine you'd get a poor enough rate, perhaps if you have a friend who's looking to offload some you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

How much cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Probably around 15k in total but would make smaller transactions to start. Looking to avoid the Bitcoin ATM to save a bit of fees but also willing to pay for the privilege of buying with cash. This isn’t for me but for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Sounds really dodgy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Maybe try www.localbitcoins.com and find someone with positive reviews.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

that doesn't make it sound less dodgy, no offence or anything

No offence taken.

I think when someone is buying a large amount of imaginary computer money known for use by criminals is always going to sound dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Were you not locked up there recently for kidnapping or something Jim Jr?

Do Christy and Daniel want their suitcase back?

Apparently it used to be done back in the day - meeting up and handing over cash. Before there were exchanges that is.

It’s common practice in most other countries. But not Ireland for some reason.

I’ll just tell my mate to use the boinnex machine.

Shame they take 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

You still need to cash it out so it’s traceable at that stage anyway and for all you know the Bitcoin is already flagged and being tracked. Then you need to sell to a buyer that’s will to take it and exchanges have kyc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I will sell you 10 grands worth for your 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,666 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I STILL don't understand bitcoin.

People hold it, but never use it, even when they could cash out as millionaires. They just wiat for the next crash, then the next rise, and then the next crash, it's like a social thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sure there is some lurker on here who had roughly half a mil the last time it was up and he didn't sell hoping to get more. He may play that game too much and lose out or it could go the other way and be a multi millionaire. I know personally I would have cashed out at the half a mil. Who knows...

I guess half a million doesn't sit well, no one likes 1/2 of anything, with tax, he'd want over a million, so he gets a million in his hand and can call himself a millionaire

The first time I was informed to buy bitcoin it was 320$ ,but even to this day I have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

People sell it all the time, every time the price drops that’s more selling than buying on exchanges, though large buyers can buy directly and that does not show on the exchange or reflect on the price. They are still visible on the blockchain though.

There will be some points of resistance where it will drop as people do sell but the idea is that given the limited supply there will always be more buy pressure to drive up the price eventually.

Getting in years ago has its own pitfalls, just look at the exchange hacks and people losing hard drives with Bitcoin on it. The price dropped for three years at one point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

If you say you'd have cashed out at half a mil the reality is you'd probably have cashed out at 50k. Or maybe even 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Has anyone used the bitcoin ATMs in Dublin ?

I was in a shop the other day in Dublin that had a bitcoin ATM but the machine was turned off.

For someone who has never used bitcoin before I'd like to buy about 50 quid worth of bitcoin from an ATM just to see how the whole the thing works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

So did you purchase BTC from an ATM. As far as I know the fees are very high and the market rate and spread (difference between buy and sell price) are extremely uncompetitive. But it's probably an acceptable option for a beginner to get their feet wet.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement