Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine valve not shutting off water

Options
  • 09-04-2022 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Trying to remove a washing machine for an elderly relative. The cold feed under the sink has a standard blue washer valve. Doesn't seem to shut off the water in any position. I didn't have great access and had no tools. Is it possible to fix with a pliers? i.e. is it likely the issue is the plastic level is threaded and not connected or turning the metal valve? I'm hoping this is the case, if not probably need a plumber.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Turn off the water to the house and replace valve while your at it.

Pliers might work...or cause a disaster 😩

Post edited by Wearb on

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Ok, thanks. Presume that's pretty straightforward to do? I'll Google how to videos but anything in particular I need to look out for you might let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

They some times ring themselves. Take off the blue handle and use a pliers/Vice grip to turn it 90degrees. There is a flat bit that should be at 90° in the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks @wex96

Thats was exactly it. I went out yesterday and unscrewed the red handle and used it on the blue one, worked first time. Sorted now. I had planned to gently try a pliers but didn't need to.

Advertisement