Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to vaping, not getting flavor with aspire pockex and liqua eliquid

Options
  • 08-04-2022 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey,

I am new to vaping. I tried disposable vape by Elf bar in watermelon flavor before deciding to buy Aspire Pockex kit. I enjoyed the elf bar vape. Now, I am trying Aspire Pockex kit but it gives no or very little flavor.

The juice I bought is from Liqua brand in watermelon flavor. I primed the coil before filling the tank and let the filled tank sit for a couple of hours before using it. Now when I vape there are good clouds but there is very little flavor. I charged my Aspire Pockex kit to full but still no flavor. Has anyone used Liqua eliquids before? Are they weak or did I miss any steps? The coil I am using is 0.6 ohm and VG/PG ratio is 50/50 with a nicotine level of 0. Any advice?

P.S: The reason for going for 0 nicotine is that I don't want to get addicted to nicotine. I am a social smoker and I enjoy shisha/hookah now and then. And I wanted to have flavorful smoking without nicotine.

Post edited by eirezed on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When I started vaping, 10 years ago, I tried some Liqua juices and found them to be not so good. I haven't tried them since so can't say if they have improved or not. The only difference nic would make is you get more of a 'throat hit' - and obviously it curbs that nic craving many of us ex-smokers have.

Sounds like you did everything right, you primed the coils [10 mins is usually enough] before use, so all should be good. Seems like it's the juice, maybe try another? from another brand, see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Disposables use nicotine salt, they carry the favour far better than free base nicotine liquids. Liqua isn't great either it's a high Pg liquid, you need be looking for something with a 50/50 vg/Pg mix. I'd recommend the IVG liquids very good flavours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

In addition to the above you might just have got a dud coil , unusual with Aspire but not unheard of .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Use the lower resistance coil with the Pockex, I think it's 0.8ohm. The 1.2ohm was never a good coil.

Liqua is poor liquid and never had much flavour. Watermelon especially is a hard flavour to get a punch out of and would be better suited to direct lung vaping.

Try the vampire vape range for flavour, they have a decent menu and are mostly 50/50 mix. It's certainly not the best liquid out there but it's widely available and decent for starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eirezed

Thank you all for the help. It seems like eliquid has something to do with it. I just bought hale apple liquid with 50/50 ratio (on the recommendation of sales agent at the vape shop) and I am using 0.6 ohm coil. I am not sure about dud coil terminology but will look into it.

• Advertisement

Did the new juice improve things? if so then at least you know it's not the coil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

What kind of an idiot takes up vaping unless trying to give up cigarrettes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

Vaping is actually nice, I love sitting back and inhaling a good flavour. Crank up the temperature and suck in the flavour, blow out a big cloud of goodness.... watch it swirling around the room and you'll be in nicotine heaven.... it's lovely....

He explained it in the opening post tbh, no need to be nasty. I tend to agree that vaping should only be for ex-smokers, but the OP smokes lightly and enjoys other forms of inhalation, maybe he just likes the flavor and wants to add it to his experience, who are we to judge?

The guy at the shop told me that I can mix multiple liquids. So I mixed the new liquid with existing in the tank, it slightly improved the flavor but nothing significant. I will report once I have used the new liquid in empty the tank.

• Advertisement

Hey gatekeeper, there is no need to be offensive. I am not going on the nicotine path just wanted to enjoy some flavor now and than. And I don't need your permission. Congratulations on adding nothing to this post.

You can indeed mix liquids, just be aware of the nic content [in your case all should be fine if they are all zero] but if oft doesn't turn out well - I would clear out the tank [vape it down or physically empty] and try a complete new liquid in there, see how it goes

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that I need to empty the tank if they all are not zero nic. I am grand for now as I am using 0 nic.

Post edited by eirezed on

Update: I tried Hale Apple juice without mixing it with Liqua watermelon, flavor has improved but nothing significant. I bought another eliquid Heisenberg by Vampire Vape, the flavor has improved significantly but not as much as disposable vape. So, I am still looking for something with strong flavor.

It could just be a case of you having tried strong flavour salt nic before standard liquid? I've had some disposables for work and the flavour can be pretty strong, almost over powering. There's one I like, a banana 'ice' [not mad about any menthol but it's light with his one] - The banana is really good, and as much as I mix my own juices I can't get banana to work as well as whatever they use in that throw away

Advertisement