Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Jenny Greene be reinstated on the 2FM drivetime show?

Options
  • 08-04-2022 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

In my personal opinion I think getting rid of her from the slot was a mistake; the show is going to lose a lot of listeners especially in Dublin. Personally I think the 2 Johnnies are a pain in the neck and they don't relate to listeners in the capital, whereas Jenny connected listeners all over the country including Dublin. What does everyone else think? Should Jenny be given the drivetime show back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No.

She should stay in "the Rave Cave" ..........

Its not all about dublin ......

(believe it or not !!! )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

I have not listened to 2fm since the latest reshuffle. I don't find any of the daytime presenters good.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

People still listen to 2FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Louise McSharry, Chris & Ciara and Stephen Byrne were all good ideas for possible future drivetime hosts but they've all left 2FM or gotten the boot now. I think as bad as Jenny Greene's listening figures on drivetime may have been, the 2Js' are probably going to be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Tracy Clifford is the only one remotely listenable - plays a good variety, and doesnt do the cultchie/forced humour, Greene was similar

The morning trio are awfully unfunny and can anyone explain why they need 3, Zamperelli seems to have toned down a bit of the cattyness/sex obsession (wondering was it the stuff on twitter/reddit popping up about her) and the johnnies are a painful impression of what a Dub/city person thinks a cultchie is

• Advertisement

With that last point you have hit the nail on the head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The 2 Johnnies are like a parody of themselves at this stage. They were never that bad on the podcast

Goes to show popularity doesn't equal quality, look at Ex on the Island, Love Beach, all those dodgy reality shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Could this be down to the hour extra that they gave to game on, a Drive Time show finishing up at 6pm!

It will be interesting to see how the new schedule pans out.

As I said at the time it seemed 2fm had afternoons until 6 right with the mix of music and the 2 presenters but that Jenny Z and the Breakfast show needed change.

at the very least they should drop GAME ON, after all it is a music station, 2 hours of non-stop sports chat!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

"Game On" is only 1 hour now 6pm to 7pm, not 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Probably a no from me.

😂 Just seems like 2 hours, had it in my head it was from 6pm to 8pm.

In any case what's a sports news programming doing on 2fm.

______

Yesterday

Is Game On going that long, was sure it was when it moved from Radio 1.

You never hear about its audience numbers, 6pm programme drive time you'd be expecting big numbers on a national station.

______

Yesterday

Any idea if it was Jenny's decision to leave the drivetime slot or did 2FM get rid of her in favour of those two clowns???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don’t think anyone “decides” to leave a prime time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 firminjo

Shes awful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In the end of the day, If the Two Johnnies are performing well in the JNLRs then 2fm will be happy. Maybe results might be slightly skewed given it's a brand new show, so perspective on early figures my be needed.

They won't perform well.

As I've said before 2FM needs presenters who connect equally to Dublin and non-Dublin audiences, not one or the other. A strong culchie flavour to a national radio show is not going to get you far in the big cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not disagreeing at all

Just waiting for the figures is all, which will help me make my mind up!

*not a fan of them btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

like nick grimshaw and annie mac on BBC Radio 1, the usual story put out there is that they want to persue other interests or focus more on an existing side project 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Have chris and ciara left?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hadnt heard anything used to enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

What's worse about Chris and Ciara is how not even a single trashy tabloid website mentioned their departure. Compare that to years ago when weekend djs like Simon Young or Susanne Duffy leaving the station would have been front page news. How times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The explanation is simple enough. Very few people know, or care who the presenters on Radio are anymore. The trashy tabloids know this. Even they can't be bothered writing about it.

People know, pretty much, who presents very high profile current affairs, or morning magazine shows on regional radio, or certain big sports shows, but beyond that, music radio could be presented by a Yorkshire terrier in a dinosaur costume and nobody would bat an eyelid.

The days of big dogs; Gerry Ryan, Tony Fenton, Larry Gogan, Chris Barry on the phone show, they're all long gone. Music doesn't need a presenter anymore, the issues of the day are dealt with in podcast form.

The likes of Ian Dempsey, the Strawberries and Niall Boylan; they're all relics doing well to still be doing what they always did.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I wouldn’t agree that music doesn’t need a presenter anymore. I think it does but people are just less invested in who the presenter is.

If you look at Jessica Maciel on TikTok, her videos comments shows a lot of people are still interested in music presenters.

I ain't old enough to remember Simon Young (RIP) or Suzanne Duffy, but 2FM must have been monolithic back in the 90s if a weekend presenter going was front-page news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Simon Young was a household name in the 1990's. He did a lot of TV work too (The Den, the Beatbox) so he was a very familiar voice/face. The same can be said for many other 2FM presenters of that era...

• Advertisement

Advertisement